Friday 14 November 2014

It was the best of years, it was the worst of years

So where to begin when reflecting on the year to date as the finish line approaches? ? ?

I guess I'll start with all good leaders like a challenge, so I guess that makes me a good leader? : )

As a quick snapshot... During this year I've had-

* 8 different staff revolve through 2 positions
* The worst timetable rotation/blocking/allocations EVER
(which has made staffing classes fun)
* The MASSIVE responsibility of launching & leading the F1 in Schools Illawarra hub
* To welcome a brand new DP & Principal to the school
* Lead a sprinkling of unhappy people
* To of course do all the usual faculty leadership & iiate stuff
* Teach my classes to my usual awesome standard

& throw in to that mix, managing the player-coach gig for the mighty Sutherland Sharks State League Bball team which meant 2 & 3 trips to Sydney and all over NSW throughout the season, which certainly clocks some kms : )

Oh, & let's not forget sneaking enough quality time in to spend with my beautiful fam & friends!

Now question time?
Would I change a thing?

A: NO WAY, NOT IN THE SLIGHTEST, I'M TRULY BLESSED WITH AN AWESOME ALL ROUND LIFE.

But where to now?

Well of course the answer is simple...
Keep on improving, keep on learning & keep on building on the already strong foundations of success already in place.

So what's in store for 2015?

Calling it now : )

I HAVE A YEAR 11 DT CLASS AGAIN
(after leading the implementation of DT in Year 9 a few years ago)
So I am going to LOVE this class!
#DesignIsLife!

Our school will excel in all our regional & state wide competitions.

Our Illawarra Hub & School will 'take off' with F1 in Schools going to a whole new level with more staff involved, more students engaged (if that's even possible LOL) & the hub expanding to 6 active teams.

And on a more simple note, work will be far more settled with a functional timetable, smooth allocation of classes (fingers crossed) & of course a happy and hard working AWESOME Technologies & Creative Arts team!

So get excited all & I say, "Bring on 2015!"

Excited as always, & possibly with an over use of exclaimation marks in my text?!?!?!

Thanks to all 2 or 3 of my blog readers ; )

E=R

No comments:

Post a Comment